Monday 6 May 2013

PSSA Club Winning Image for April 2013



Congratulations to Marius King from AFO for winning the PSSA April Club Winning Picture of the Month - Junior for his image "Astro Volgend Aksie".

"Astro Volgend Aksie" by Marius King | AFO


Marius writes as follows about his image:


Sunny Saturday morning 16th of March 2013 testing my equipment to photograph the day’s hockey matches at Hoërskool Menlopark in Pretoria.  After fitting my 200-400mm f4 lens to Nikon D4 body, disaster struck; my camera showed an error message. I jumped in the car rushed through to Nikon Midrand. After some testing and paperwork I was on my way back to the school with a Nikon D3 loan unit. 

I have never shot with a D3 before but after a couple of test shots I was set.

The shot was taken during the hockey match between Hoërskool Menlopark boys 2nd team against Helpmekaar Hoërskool’s 1st team.  I was on the northern side of the field with the sun from my left back. I saw the player from Hoërskool Menlopark, Andrew van der Berg, running towards me and could see the commitment in his eyes. I just knew something was about to happen and started shooting with the winning shot on the fifth.

Date and time: 16 March 2013, 10:16 
Nikon D3 
Nikon 200-400mm F4
Manual setting
Focal length: 200mm
Aperture:   F4
Exposure: 1/2000
ISO: 800
Auto white balance



Jacqui Johnston from Knysna Photographic Club won the Senior category with her image "Burst of Sunlight":

"Burst of Sunlight" by Jacqui Johnston | Knysna Photographic Club


Jacqui Johnston writes as follows about her winning image:

This image was taken in Kent, England while out on an early morning walk through the forest with my friends.  The forest, which has a wonderful, peaceful atmosphere is just a little way away from their 200 year old farmhouse.  The light that morning with the sun shining through the trees was just perfect.  Many similar pictures from different angles were taken during that time. 

Camera:  Nikon 5700
Aperture:  F/3.5
Exposure:  1/19 secs
ISO:  100
Metering:  Spot


All the club entries can be viewed on the PSSA website (click here).

The PSSA Website Winning Picture of the month was "Tall Story" by Dyan Ford from Alberton Camera Club.

"Tall Story" by Dyan Ford | Alberton Camera Club

Dyan Ford writes as follows about her winning image:

This photograph is made up of 5 separate photos. Each photo has been worked to completion stage then compiled into one. It was a labour of love and rather a complex image to create. The necking giraffes were taken in the Kalagadi Park in the late afternoon, while the ghosting giraffe was taken at Tembe Elephant Park at midday. Clouds and background images were taken at varies locations.









No comments:

Post a Comment